Monday, October 17, 2011

Parked Car, Night Sky

Sea of Red

It was literally a sea of red as around 8,000 runners flocked the streets  Bonifacio Global City during the 2011  Nike Run Manila last Saturday. When the race was launched last month I was already anticipating a big turnout for the said event. Imagined for only 650 you get  a really nice dri-fit shirt and water bottle from Nike. The finishers kit also come  with a nice bag (may pang-Divisoria na ako).  The 2GB USB has to wait though due to some delay in production. 


HHWWPSSP Holding Hands While Walking Pa-Sway Sway Pa - sign ng DTNL
Since I signed up early for the half marathon for the Adidas 2011 King of the Road, I didn't set any goals or personal records that I want to achieved for the said race. I just treated this as sort of training for my upcoming Adidas 21K race. This is actually my first night race, so me and my friends just enjoyed the leisurely run/walk.


Pardon the blurry night shot of BGC skyline, I was actually running when I took this picture.
Much has been said for the said event, from positive to negative reactions. Anyway here are some few observations for the said event:
  • A wave should have been implemented in the starting line since there is there is only one category. The route eventually become crowded that made it difficult for some participants to run freely.
  • Just loved the songs that were played during the run. If I can remember Party Rock Anthem and Move Like Jagger were played during the warm-up at the starting line. Parang party lang.:)
  •  The hydration stations were set-up nicely and sufficient enough  to hydrate everyone.

  • There were some parts that were poorly lighted. I think it is the 8K-9K area the road leading to Kalayaan Ave. It's so dark that I accidentally bumped into some runners.
  • Just as any other running event the baggage area were pretty chaotic. Nothing new there. I already expected this, buti na lang may dalang kotse yung mga running buddies ko.
  • As for the finishers kit, there were none. Aside from the Powerade and bottled water you get a promissory note saying that there were some delays on the production of the thumb drive. I just wished they could've announced it on an earlier date, these just cause some disappointments for some runners. Tsaka sayang sa papel.:p
  • Parokya ni Edgar, Sandwich and Chicosci definitely rocks in the post race event. We weren't able to watch the concert though as we were busy munching on our Crispy Bacon Melt at the Fort Strip.
Parokya ni Edgar
Sugod by Sandwich
Chicosci

Despite of some shortcomings from organizers and fellow participants, the event wasn't that bad at all. Overall we enjoyed the run. I'm already looking forward to a better Nike We Run Manila next year.

4 comments:

Pinay Travel Junkie said...

I lurve the title! First Of Summer lang ;p Haven't done a night run. Sounds more enticing than the morning ones coz it can get really hot. But I guess, that's part of the challenge too.

Unknown said...

@Pinay Travel Junkie haha don ko nga kinuha ung title..dubista ka din pala.:) Ok ang night run malamig.

joan | the backpack chronicles said...

night race? may ganyan pala.. ngayon ko lang nalaman na may night race!! hahaha ang naive ko..

hanep naman sa freebies.. dry shirt at drinking bottle from nike!!! at may after party pa.. parokya ni edgar!!!!! yun nga lang sayang yung USB.. sabagay ipapadala naman nila yun..

Unknown said...

@joan | the backpack chronicles haha may upcoming na night run from Energizer sa Nov. 5,baka gusto mo i-try.Not sure lang kung ongoing pa rin registration.

Post a Comment

Quote

About Me

free counters

Popular Posts